The Writtle Surgery is committed to meeting the health and wellbeing needs of people living with dementia, their loved ones and carers. We are working closely with the Alzheimer’s Society to make our surgery a Dementia Friendly GP Practice. Did you know we provide:
- Support by way of referral to dementia support services and carer support
Did you also know that the Alzheimer’s Society provide a range of local support and services for people living with dementia, their loved ones and carers?
- A Family Navigators Service – Family Navigators offer information and practical guidance to help you understand dementia, cope with day-to-day challenges and prepare for the future. They offer information to people who are worried about their memory and ongoing support to people affected by dementia face to face, over the phone or in writing.
- Information Hubs – An Information Hub will provide information about dementia, local services and practical tips about living well with dementia.
- Peer Support – Peer support group gives carers the opportunity to meet with others who understand some of what you are going through. Run by a facilitator, the sessions offer a chance for people affected by dementia to ask questions, get information and share experiences in a safe and supportive environment
- Singing for the Brain – Singing for the Brain brings people together in a friendly, fun and social environment. Based around the principles of music therapy, the stimulating sessions include vocal warm-ups and singing a wide variety of familiar and new songs.
- Activity groups – The Alzheimer’s Society skill or interest-based activity group can give you the opportunity to take part in a fun, structured activity. Activities can include art and craft groups, drama workshops, cognitive stimulation therapy (CST) groups, maintaining skills groups, bowling groups, skittles groups, walking groups, yoga or tai chi classes, etc. The groups are run by an expert facilitator with relevant skills and are open to anyone affected by dementia.
For more information on any of the above or to talk to an Alzheimer’s Society Family Navigator please call 01245 260911, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Essex & Hertfordshire Alzheimer’s Society
Suite E Ground Floor
Widford Business Centre
33 Robjohns Road
Essex CM1 3AG